1. Voluntary Participation. I have enrolled in a program of physical exercise, including but not limited to, Pilates, aerobic exercise, weight training and the use of various other exercise equipment (“wellness programs”) offered by Pilates Doula. I hereby affirm that I am in good physical condition and do not suffer from any disability or disease that would prevent or limit my participation in an exercise program.
2. No Promises, Guarantees, or Representation of Likelihood of Success. I acknowledge that Pilates Doula has made no promises, guarantees, or representation of the likelihood of success to me about the success of Pilates Doula in providing wellness programs for any particular concern, weakness, or malady.
3. Assumption of Risk. I fully understand that this exercise program may be hazardous or harmful to me. I am voluntarily participating in this program with knowledge of the dangers involved, and agree to accept any and all risks of injury, illness or even death that can result from an exercise program. I acknowledge that I have been advised of the need for a physician’s approval for my participation in this exercise program, and affirm that I have either received a physician’s permission to participate, or that I have decided to participate in this program without the approval of my physician. In signing this document I agree that Pilates Doula is not responsible for the safekeeping of my personal belongings.
4. Release and Indemnity. In consideration of my participation in this exercise program, I, for myself, my heirs and assigns, hereby release, defend and indemnify the companies and their owners, directors, officers, employees and contractors from any claims, demands and causes of action arising from my participation in the exercise program, whether or not caused by any negligence of the companies or their owners, directors, officers, employees or contractors.
5. Scope. I agree that this Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the State of California, shall be interpreted fairly and not against the drafter hereof, that in any action hereunder I expressly waive the right to trial by jury and that if any portion of this Agreement is declared invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
6. Knowing and Voluntary Execution. I have carefully read this Agreement and understand its contents. I am aware that this is a release of liability and indemnity, and a contract between the companies and me, and that I sign it of my own free will. I agree that no oral representations, statements or inducement apart from this written Agreement have been made.
7. Financial Agreement. I understand that fitness related services or wellness sessions offered at Pilates Doula are wellness services, meaning I agree to pay the cash rate and that full payment is due at time of service. I understand that the purchase is non-refundable.
8. Cancellation Policy. Pilates Doula requires that appointment cancellations be made within 24 hours. If I cancel my fitness related services or no-show, I agree to pay the full fee for the service for which I was scheduled.
9. Personal Fitness Program. I hereby consent to voluntarily engage in a personal fitness program. I also give my consent to be placed in personal fitness training activities which are recommended to me for improvement of my general health and well-being as well as favorable alteration of my body composition. These activities may include but are not limited to Pilates, strength training, cardiovascular type, kinesthetic and flexibility exercises. The levels of exercise I perform will be based upon my cardiovascular and muscular fitness. This will be compiled through a personal assessment by Pilates Doula. I will be given exact personal instructions regarding the amount and type of exercise I should perform.
10. Medication Impairment. If I am taking medications, I have already so informed and further agree to inform them promptly of any changes which my doctor or I have made with regard to use of these.
11. Consultation with Physician. I understand that it is recommended that I consult with my physician before starting any exercise program.
12. Not Physical Therapy. I understand that personal fitness services offered by Pilates Doula are not physical therapy services.
13. Additional Risks. I have been informed that during my participation in the above described personal fitness program, I will be asked to complete the physical activities unless symptoms such as fatigue, shortness of breath, chest discomfort or similar occurrences appear. I understand that there exists the risk of bodily injury, including but not limited to injuries to the muscles, ligaments, tendons and joints of the body. At this point, I have been advised that it is my obligation to inform Pilates Doula of my symptoms.
14. Rights. I have the right to participate in formulating and following through with my fitness program, and to terminate the fitness program at any time.
THE UNDERSIGNED ACKNOWLEDGES HAVING READ, FULLY UNDERSTAND, AND VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO THE POLICIES LISTED ABOVE.